· Choose one of the topics below (check with your teacher to see if it is already taken)
· Research and create a slide show presentation on how it has impacted on computing through the years, include the approximate dates, why it is important, pictures, etc..
· Be sure to document your resources. See: Citing_References_from_Electronic_Sources
1. Early Pioneers, pre-computers - Joesph Jaquard Weaving Loom, Blaise Pascal, William Oughtred, etc
2. Early 'calculating' machines (pre computer)
3. Charles Babbage
4. Early Pioneers in computing - George Boole, Christopher Latham Sholes, August Dvorak, Herman Hollerith, Grace Hopper
5. Eckert & Mauchly, ENIAC & their other early computing machines
6. Other early computing machines
7. Willam Shockley and the transistor
8. Integrated circuit & Chips
9. Early Microcomputers: Altair 8800 microcomputer, TRS-80, Commadore, & other early micro's
10. Paul Allen & Bill Gates
11. Steve Wozniak & Steve Jobs & Apple
14. Programming languages - Fortran, Pascal, Logo, Basic, etc.
15. Pocket/portable/laptop Computers
16. Computer “bug”
17. Spreadsheets & Visicalc
18. Word processors & Word Star
20. Floppy drives/disks & other storage media eg.CD, DVD, memory sticks
21. Hard drives and other large storage devices
22. Computer Memory
23. Microsoft Windows
24. Microsoft other software(not windows)
25. Apple operating systems
26. Personal Computers
27. Video and/or Audio editing, recording
28. Computer Gaming consoles
29. Computer Gaming software
30. Computer Animation - Pixar, ILM, etc.
32. Other computer companies (Novell, Xerox, Hewlett Packard, etc.)
33. Web browsers - Mosaic, Firefox, IE , Chrome, etc.
34. PDA's - Apple Newton, Blackberry, etc.
35. Internet Search engines -DogPile, AltaVista, Yahoo, Google, etc.
36. Email -Eudora, Elm, Pine, Hotmail, etc.
37. Computer viruses & Hacking
38. Cell phones, Smart phones
39. Laptops, Netbooks
40. Tablets - iPad, etc.
41. MP3 players - iPod, etc.
42. Social networking
43. Other topic- approved by your teacher
Criteria for Slide show.