Internet Businesses Part I
Using the Internet, search for at least 4 different TYPES of Winnipeg Business.
Eg. Flowers, car dealers, sports retailers, bakeries, building supplies,
Note: You could NOT have both "SportChek" and "Pro Hockey Life" as these are both sporting stores.
For each different type choose one business, visit their web site and then answer the questions
(Note: you may wish to use sites such as www.shopinwinnipeg.com www.buyitcanada.com/Winnipeg mywinnipeg.com
search for businesses in Winnipeg)
- Type of business
- Name of business
- URL Address of business
- Street Address of business
- Brief description of the
- List 2-3 specific products or services the business sells
- Can you order
online, by phone, by email (give phone & email)?
- Is their site appealing and easy to navigate?
- What is the businesses "target
market"? Who you think would most likely
buy the products and services.
Think of the following when answering the above question on "target market":
- Are the products aimed at a certain group of people? (Try to think of
what particular needs the products or services meet)
- What age groups (children, teenagers, adults, the elderly) do you
think would be most interested in the products or services?
- Do you think the products or services would be most popular among families,
or perhaps individuals living on their own?
- How much do the products or services
cost? Do you think the products would be affordable for most people
or do they tend to be expensive
- Who is the website registered to? Give the name, address, etc? Use who.is, whois.cira.ca , www.internic.com, register.com or whois.com or a similar
site to find this information.
What date was it first registered? When does it expire?
Note: If some info is missing try checking on another registrar site. If you still can not find it be sure to indicate the information is not available.