- Describe how ROM is different from RAM.
- How many bytes is 1 MB? 1GB? 1 TB?
- What is system memory?
- What does the main system memory hold?
- What is video memory?
- What is cache memory?
- Describe the difference between memory and storage.
- Describe how the amount of memory affects performance.
- Describe how memory is specified (speed, size, pins, etc.)
- What is the purpose of the FSB (Front Side Bus)?
- How does the FSB speed affect memory?
- If you use faster memory then your FSB speed what happens?
- If you use slower memory then your FSB speed what happens?
- What is replacing FSB?
- What is dual channel memory?
- What is DDR Ram?
- Compare dual channel with DDR.
- What happens if you mix memory speeds? (eg. PC1600 & PC2100)
- What is CAS? What is the performance difference between CL2 & CL3?
- What is the difference between ECC and non-ECC?
- What can happen if you use ‘cheap’ RAM?
- When purchasing memory for a computer describe how you would determine:
- How much memory the system will recognize?
- What kind of memory is compatible with the system?
- How many sockets are open and how to fill them?
- Describe DDR2, DDR3 & DDR4
- How is DDR3 different from DDR2?