Power Supply Questions
Research and describe (both in words and pictures) each of the following as they relate to computer power supplies.
- Form factor
- Input voltage level (AC)
- Connectors; what they usually connect to, number of pins (include pictures)
eg. Berg, Molex, P1, P4, P8/P9, SATA
- Wattage of power supply & wattage used by common components
eg. wattage of motherboard, wattage of CD drive, Wattage of DVD drive, ...
- Energy Efficiency
- Signals received from MB (motherboard)
- Output DC voltage level, wire colours, common use eg. Yellow wire, +12V, used for disk drives and fans
- Testing and repairing power supplies
eg. Can you test a power supply when it is not connected to the motherboard? Shuld you attempt to repair power supplies?
- RoHS compliance