CEC41G Start of Year Review
- Describe how ROM is different from RAM.
- How many bytes is 1 KB? 1 MB? 1GB?
- Describe the difference between memory and storage
- Describe how memory is specified
- What is CAS? What is the performance difference between CL2 & CL3?
- How can you determine the total amount of intalled memory (without opening the case)?
- How can you determine the total amount of storage & the amount of free space on storage?
- How do you launch Device Manager?
- How do you launch System Information?
- How do you boot to Safe Mode?
- Explain what it means for a disk to be Fragmented?
- What command starts the Registry Editor?
- What are the six main "hive keys" found in the registry?
- What is Form factor
- What are the following used for
- Identify the mother board components shown in the diagram (click to enlarge)
- Name three different protocols. What is the most commonly used protocol today?
- What is the use of the PING command?
- How would you check if your network card is working using PING?
- What is the difference between IP and mac address?
- How can you determine the computers IP address and mac address?
- What is meant by Form factor?
- Describe what the following Connectors are commonly used for
Berg, Molex, P1, P4, P8/P9, SATA
- What is RoHS compliance?
- What does a processor do?
- What does CPU stand for?
- Name at least five processor manufacturing companies
- What is Cache ?
- What is Clock Speed?
- What is the Front Side Bus?