Computer Multi Media
Digital Video Questions
Using the library sources, Internet, and class notes. Answer, in your own words, each of the following questions.
Your answers are to be word processed.
Note: This document is saved on the network public\cmm\digital_video\DV_questions.rtf
1. What is the difference between Linear Editing and Non Linear Editing (NLE)?
2. How is Digital Video different than Analog video? What is needed to get each of them into a computer?
3. What is digital video compression and why is it so important?
4. What are the two MOST predominant digital video formats? Briefly describe each.
5. How is editing different for these two formats?
6. What is a CCD used for in a digital camera?
7. Compare a digital camera with one CCD to a camera with three CCD's.
8. What is a LUX rating on a CCD, why is this important?
9. Describe the differences and uses of the following connection devices
a) IEEE 1394 (Firewire or i.Link)
b) 11. S-Video
c) Composite Video
If you need help try looking at the web sites
Updated: June 4, 2004