Tween Along a Path
Flash has a special layer called Motion Guide. This layer is used to a guide path for your animation to follow and is not exported with your animation. You can make the path using any drawing tool. You can also import EPS or AI file formats, but you will need to ungroup imported files first.
To make a simple motion tween using a Motion Guide.
1. In Frame 1 draw a circle and convert to a graphic symbol.
2. Add a key frame in frame 10, move to any frame in between and then choose Insert, Timeline, Create Motion Tween
3. Click the Add Motion Guide icon in the Layers area. This places a guide layer above the animation layer. The name is Guide Layer (plus the layer name it is above).
4. Select Frame 1 of the Motion-Guide layer, and using any drawing tool to draw a path. (the Pencil works well)
5. To attach the animation to the path, select Frame 1 of the animation. Check the Property inspector panel and be sure the Snap option is checked.
6. Select your object and drag, placing the registration point (circle) at the beginning of the your path.
7. Select the last keyframe. Click and drag to place the registration on the end of the path.
Note: If the registration point doesn’t appear, click the circle with the cross hairs and click and hold for a second or two, then drag it to position.
8. Play the animation.