Creating a Multimedia Advertisement (Commercial)
- Each student is responsible for their own Commercial, however you may enlist the support of others to help.
- Using the tools at your disposal (any software that we worked on this year), create a 30 second commercial (exactly 30 seconds) that will feature either a product or service and would be suitable to air on television.
- You must produce a story board or script BEFORE you
- Commercial must be geared towards a GENERAL audience. (meaning no violence, weapons, R, PG, or X rated material. Some of the commercials will be showcased on the GCCI web site as examples of the work of our talented students, so make them appropriate for ALL viewers (including parents and young children).
- Be creative and feel free to use Flash animations, video editing, sound editing, etc. to give a good indication of what you are capable of.
- Publish your completed comercial
- Rename your completed commercial to Commerical yourname
- COPY the above to the submissions folder
Focus Questions, Generalizations and Key Points:
- What makes a consumer want to buy a product/service after seeing a commercial?
- Selling is also known as the art of persuasion. Consumers are convinced that the product they are willing to buy offers many benefits for the dollar.
- A commercial can be funny, dramatic, joyous or combinations of them, but it must always be interesting.
STORY BOARD CHECKLIST
- ÿMain idea of the commercial is made clear.
- Dialogue and/or written explanations are placed where appropriate (slogans, captions, etc.).
- Storyline includes a clear reference to product and purchasing information.
- Sequence of events is clearly illustrated or written out.
- Commercial is presented in about 30 seconds.
- All elements needed for the commercial are included.