Basic Video Questions A
1. What is the difference between linear editing and nonlinear editing?
2. What is IEEE1394 ? Why is it important to Video editing?
3. What is the difference between Composite Video, Component Video and S-Video signals?
4. What type of cable connectors are usually found on
a. Composite Video cables? What colour is a composite connector?
b. Component Video cables
c. S-Video Cables?
5. What is the difference between NTSC video standard and PAL?
6. What is the difference between interlaced and non-interlaced? How do they relate to television and computer?
7. What is the aspect ratio for standard television? For High-Definition television?
8. Digital Video file size is determined by three factors: Resolutions (pixels), Frame rate (fps) and Colour depth (bits).
What are the conventions for each of these three factors for
9. What is a CODEC and why is it important to digital video editing?